226075 React Native Engineer
Remote work, All cities
A health company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health is looking for React Native Engineer. We focus on lifestyle interventions — not medication or surgery.
• We are self-funded and have no VC investment. Instead, our employees are invited to become co-owners via our employee-stock-offering plan;
• We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
• We’re fully funded by our members, which means we don't need to show any ads or sell any physical products;
• We attract about 5 million monthly visits, have 78,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (from 20+ different nationalities);
• We're among the top 5 ranked nutrition websites in the world on Trustpilot and have strong Glassdoor ratings;
Help us improve brand new world-class iOS and Android apps built on React Native and improve on our 4.8+ rating in the App Store. Help us scale to millions of users. Build new features. Work on the growth of the app (acquisition, activation, retention, revenue, and resurrection).
Experience and Background
• 5+ years of software development experience;
• You are an expert React-Native developer Knowledge of design principles and application interface guidelines;
• Experience with Typescript and Apollo is a plus;
• Work with team members to define the purpose, scope, UX, design, and technical solutions for iOS/android apps.
• We are building all our apps on React Native. You will be a key part of building the foundation and influencing the technologies used for creating this;
• You will be driving the development of the Android and iOS together with 2 other React Native Developers and the engineering team and be part of deciding the roadmap for how we improve the app and product going forward;
• The company grows fast and with that comes new technical challenges. You will play an important role in helping us shape the future of our tech stack. We always try to improve our development and release processes, and we want you to be part of this and share your insights;
• You can make art out of Canvas and build custom views when the framework is not enough, but also know when to stick with iOS’/Android design principles and interface guidelines;
• Be a key member of the wider team at the project and contribute to core technical discussions;
• Finally, you are someone who wants to do their part in truly making the world a better place.
Conditions and perks
• Support with your Personal Growth. You will also have the opportunity to grow in new and different areas that interest you;
• Great compensation: We offer a very competitive salary and overtime pay;
• Meaningful work: The opportunity to work on the creation of our new frontend stack and work on products that could dramatically improve the health of a billion people;
• Meaningful relationships: Be part of a massively driven, ambitious, and kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction, using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work-time via our dedicated Engineering Focus Time™ slots;
• Rapid growth: People love to grow;
• You will have lots of ownership and autonomy, but also the support you need to do great things and learn fast.