226077 Senior Golang Engineer
Remote work, All cities
A health company that aims to empower people everywhere to dramatically improve their health is looking for Golang Engineer.
We focus on lifestyle interventions — not medication or surgery.
• We are self-funded and have no VC investment. Instead, our employees are invited to become co-owners via our employee-stock-offering plan;
• We're the largest keto and low-carb site in the world;
• We’re fully funded by our members, which means we don't need to show any ads or sell any physical products;
• We attract about 5 million monthly visits, have 78,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (from 20+ different nationalities);
• We're among the top 5 ranked nutrition websites in the world on Trustpilot and have strong Glassdoor ratings.
You will get to work with a lot of exciting new technologies. We rely heavily on the following tools and technologies - but applicants are not required to have prior experience of all of them.
Experience and Background
• Go is the primary language for writing services.
• gRPC is our main RPC framework that connects services.
• Kubernetes to schedule and run our workloads.
• Honeycomb.io to instrument our services.
• Google Cloud Platform and AWS - various cloud services.
• MySQL, Postgres, PubSub, Dataflow GraphQL.
Tech and tools you bring in.
• You have a product mindset and care about end-users and the products they use;
• You've more than five years of experience working in a backend role;
• You're interested in distributed systems;
• You've some experience with strongly-typed languages;
• You're comfortable with cross-functional tasks i.e. infrastructure, automation, and operations;
• You're used to defining technical proposals, architectural decisions, and driving initiatives across Engineering and the wider company;
• You've strong experience interacting with APIs, writing end-to-end tests, and considering performance and security when building web applications.
Meaningful work: The opportunity to build simple backend solutions to complex problems using new exciting technologies. Doing so will help us create world-class products that could dramatically improve the health of a billion people.
Conditions and perks
• Support with your Personal Growth. You will also have the opportunity to grow in new and different areas that interest you;
• Great compensation: We offer a very competitive salary and overtime pay;
• Meaningful relationships: Be part of a massively driven, ambitious, and kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. We try to optimize happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction, using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work-time via our dedicated Engineering Focus Time™ slots;
• Rapid growth: People love to grow. You will have lots of ownership and autonomy, but also the support you need to do great things and learn fast.