185300 Middle/Senior Rust Backend Developer
Remote work, All cities
We are looking for an experienced Rust developer to participate in a client project from Belgium.
The company is a leading European creator of algorithmic trading technology in the digital asset space, one of Belgium’s fastest-growing fintech companies. Was founded in 2017 and has quickly grown from 3 to over 60 people today, half of which work remotely around the globe.
Experience and Background
• At least 3 years of professional experience in programming;
• Rust ;
• Experience working with SQL databases;
• Familiarity with functional or component testing of services;
• Experience building REST and Websocket API clients;
• Basic understanding of how to sign an encrypted request;
• Ideally, experience building clients that consume streaming data;
• Deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, etc);
• Basic understanding of the financial market, order books and trading;
• Ideally, previous experience interacting with crypto exchanges APIs;
• Knowledge of Node.js on top of Rust is a strong plus.
• We are looking for a backend developer to support the growth of our infrastructure and maintain, which is based on an exciting and constantly evolving technology stack. It currently includes Rust, Node.js, Python, PostgreSQL (TimescaleDB), Kubernetes and plenty more;
• Your mission would be to develop new features, integrate thirty party APIs, support the development of trading algorithms and propose improvements to our current infrastructure. An ideal candidate has experience in developing low-latency trading systems, is passionate about algo trading and crypto and is a low-level system thinker;
• We are not a blockchain company per se and as such, blockchain development experience is not significant nor sought after by us. Our software is blockchain agnostic and it could be deployed on any type of assets, not limited to blockchain-based assets. We do however welcome blockchain engineers, especially those passionate about trading, as it generally indicated passion for the industry which we value;
• We are open for exquisite developers, experienced in other languages (C++, Java, Go or similar) and passionate about low-latency, low-level trading systems who have just recently started their journey with Rust and need to master it;
• We provide training and materials and space to learn. For these profiles we will initially offer slightly decreased package to compensate for our investment in teaching and will increase it to regular level after 3-6 months from joining when proficiency in Rust and full productivity is reached.
Conditions and perks
• A competitive salary package;
• Complete autonomy in your time management thanks to flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely;
• A ton of fun in a thriving and multicultural environment.