657278 Senior Backend Engineer
Remote work, All cities
Our company is the world’s leading affiliate reporting solution for affiliate agencies and advertisers. Company provides clients with unified access to their data, empowering them to make better decisions, scale their businesses, and broaden their reach in the partnership economy. Company powers global agencies like Gen3, PartnerCentric, Streamline Marketing, Thoughtmix and many more. Founded in 2018, Company has grown rapidly and developed a loyal user base. Company maintains an entrepreneurial atmosphere and is looking for individuals who are looking to grow with company and the team.
Experience and Background
• Completed B.S. In Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience;
• Open Source contributions are beneficial;
• 8+ years experience in Software Development;
• 3+ years experience working with Node.js, Express, Jest and related Technologies;
• Agile / Iterative processes. Kanban / Scrum;
• Knowledge of Relational Databases, Table design, SQL;
• TDD experience;
• Continuous Integration / Delivery methods, tooling, integrations;
• Experience working with Large Scale processing;
• Experience in monitoring, alerting and production support;
• Exposure to front end technologies;
• Experience Mentoring / Training teams;
• Exposure and experience in any Google Cloud technology highly desired;
• Knowledge of Digital Marketing is a big plus.
Our Company aggregates data from dozens of third-party marketing platforms, standardizes and aggregates that data, and then provides it back to clients for analysis, reporting, alerts and more.
The team at the core of our technology is the Data & Integrations team. The Data & Integrations team is responsible for Affluent’s ETL engine and is tasked with building and maintaining our integrations, data architecture, and data processes.
As a Senior Software Engineer in this team, your focus will be on delivering features through planning, designing, implementing, testing and deploying. You will be self-sufficient with an understanding of ancillary services and infrastructure.
You will have experience across multiple languages with practical experience in common architectural patterns, implementing blackbox and whitebox testing and complex integration testing frameworks.
You will also be working closely with the Head of Data & Integrations to prioritise, and understand the strategic direction of the product and help team members with planning, design and implementation.
What You'll Do:
• Develop, test and maintain software for the Platform;
• Build meaningful unit, functional and integration level tests for the software built;
• Develop code both independently and while pair programming;
• Write and maintain design, user and test documentation;
• Perform triage functionality through verification and fixing of bugs;
• Build customer and non customer facing code;
• Support software testing and quality assurance processes to ensure high-quality deliverables;
• Review business needs, requirements, technical specifications;
• Respond to alerts, review error messages, and fix bugs in a timely manner;
• Mentor and give guidance to less senior staff to grow careers;
• Perform code reviews, point releases and approve pull requests;
• Maintain build- and stage stability;
• Research and prototype new technologies;
• Design and own software solutions;
• Evolve architecture.