193070 Senior Python developer
Remote work, All cities
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will own major components of our web/mobile applications, API layer, third-party integrations, and background services. The end-users of the applications include both large, VIP customers, as well as smaller SaaS customers in the eCommerce space that will require technical support; having a sense of urgency and professionalism, as well as solid communication skills on both Zoom and Slack, will be key to supporting these users. You will be working side-by-side with other engineers on architecture, new features and integrations, and maintenance of the applications. The Engineering Department consists of a diverse group of product managers, designers, and engineers where clear and frequent communication is essential.
Experience and Background
• Identify performance bottlenecks and come up with novel ways to solve them;
• Design and implement scalable new services;
• Provide technical support to customers when needed;
Job Skills & Qualifications
• Expert-level experience with Python and Django (5+ years preferred);
• Expert-level experience with SQL (we use PostgreSQL) including experience optimizing and analyzing slow queries;
• Experience with Docker and Docker Compose. Experience with deploying containerized services on AWS is a plus.
• Handle the design, architecture, development, code review, and testing of key applications in all areas of eCommerce and warehouse management;
• Work with the following stacks: Python + Django/Django REST framework + Celery, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS ECS.
Conditions and perks
The candidate should be able to overlap with the team at minimum from 9 am – 2 pm EDT.